Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I have had my AP3 since only December last year and in that time, they have stopped working as they are supposed to.

They frequently don't connect to my iPhone 13 Pro properly (they will show up in the battery widget but when I say Hey Siri, the animation pops up on the screen briefly but then disappears). They then wont connect unless I unlock my phone screen and wait for the dropdown animation to show they are connected.

This has now happened THREE times since owning them.
:mad:

My old AP 2 never disconnected like this in all the years I had them.........

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
...done that THREE times already since December.

They work fine for a few weeks/months and then they just start having these issues again.

They're also on the correct current firmware - 4C170

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Call Apple and have them replaced. Stuff happens and I’ve had my fair share of Apple issues but I’ve got a couple day 1 gen 3’s in the house with no issues.

Reactions: Dino F

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Its totally weird...?!?

When I put the AirPods into my ears, I get that chime sound effect which signifies they have detected they are in my ears and have connected to the phone.

But - anything I then try to do with Siri (by saying, "Hey Siri, play Kisstory Radio" or whatever other music) just doesn't work until after I see that dropdown animation on the phone screen which says 'Dino Fs AirPods 3 now connected'.....?!?

I'll have to contact Apple via their Support App when it next happens.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Well, even after the recent firmware update to my AP3 (AP3: 4E71Case: 1.208.8), they are still UTTER GARBAGE.

The same exact issues are present.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps like 'Forgetting device' and re-pairing and even holding the button at the back of the case until it flashes amber (which is supposed to reset them) and then re-pairing back but the issue still persists...

ABSOLUTE FUDGING JUNK.
?

Next step is to contact Apple...

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
Its totally weird...?!?

When I put the AirPods into my ears, I get that chime sound effect which signifies they have detected they are in my ears and have connected to the phone.

But - anything I then try to do with Siri (by saying, "Hey Siri, play Kisstory Radio" or whatever other music) just doesn't work until after I see that dropdown animation on the phone screen which says 'Dino Fs AirPods 3 now connected'.....?!?

I'll have to contact Apple via their Support App when it next happens.
Reset bluetooth on iphone, the reset of all network connections and re pair. The problem is on iphone side, probably corrupted bt preference. You might also reset thr phone fully if needed. But first try network resetting.

Reactions: Dino F

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Reset bluetooth on iphone, the reset of all network connections and re pair. The problem is on iphone side, probably corrupted bt preference. You might also reset thr phone fully if needed. But first try network resetting.

I don't think the issue is with the phone if I am honest - my AP2 worked fine last year when I used them with the same phone.

Will try the reset of network settings however I'm not sure I am willing to reset my whole phone for this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.