Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCorz87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2019
Sydney,Australia
Just upgraded from gen 1 AirPods to gen 3 AirPods and I also have Powerbeats pro for when I’m more active.

Just wondering if I should get the beats fit pro and keep them with my AirPods 3?

Is there anyone that has more than one set of headphones they use regulary.

When I got the PBP they were great and still are but I found now that I wear glasses the over ear hook thing isn’t as comfortable

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2020
A lot of reviews of the beats fit pro are VERY good. They have ANC that reviewers are saying is on par with AirPods Pro. I know I personally prefer ANC at the gym.

Reactions: iCorz87

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
I think the Beats Fit Pro and AirPods 2/3 are a great combo.

I plan for the Beats Fit Pro to be my out and about earbuds, with AirPods Max for use with my TV and listening to music when not moving around much, AirPods 3 for when I want to feel free to move around the house and for use with voice/video calls.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
I have had the Pro’s for since they came out and have Aftershox for bicycling as well as a pair of Samsung buds. I gave away the Samsungs and will be keeping the other 3.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Part of the reason for having two (previously) was the lack of water resistance. The AP Pro's and 3 both have water resistance - so that isn't a driver for having a different set for the gym any longer.

iCorz87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2019
Sydney,Australia
Part of the reason for having two (previously) was the lack of water resistance. The AP Pro's and 3 both have water resistance - so that isn't a driver for having a different set for the gym any longer.

That’s a good point! For me I’d probably still prefer 2 pairs as I don’t like the in ear type for day to day use, hence the AirPods 3.

EastHillWill

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2020
Boise, ID
As someone who regularly uses both first gen AirPods as well as first gen AirPods Pro: While unnecessary, it is very nice having the Pros with their tight seal and ANC for things like mowing the lawn, as well as regular AirPods that I can quickly throw in for a call or something. In your case I could definitely justify having regular AirPods with the Beats Fit Pro. They each have their niche!

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
AP3s simply won’t stay in my ears. The Beats will. Mine will arrive tomorrow. If they sound great, I’m going with them if not, I’ll stick with my AP2s for another year.

Reactions: iCorz87

gomakoto

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2021
As someone who regularly uses both first gen AirPods as well as first gen AirPods Pro: While unnecessary, it is very nice having the Pros with their tight seal and ANC for things like mowing the lawn, as well as regular AirPods that I can quickly throw in for a call or something. In your case I could definitely justify having regular AirPods with the Beats Fit Pro. They each have their niche!
If you could only own one. Which would it be?

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Just upgraded from gen 1 AirPods to gen 3 AirPods and I also have Powerbeats pro for when I’m more active.

Just wondering if I should get the beats fit pro and keep them with my AirPods 3?

When I got the PBP they were great and still are but I found now that I wear glasses the over ear hook thing isn’t as comfortable

the Beats Fit Pro are going to be so much better in nearly every single way for just $20 more than AirPods 3. the *only* way AirPods 3 could be considered better is if you are in the small subset of individuals who feel they must have a non-sealed (ie. no silicon or foam plug) style of in ear buds for comfort but that will likely forever mean you won't be able to enjoy ANC technology etc.

the Fit Pro should be far, far, FAR more secure and have way more tech, better battery life, ANC, transparency and IMHO it looks better without the stem.

the AirPods 3 are a nice improvement on the AirPods 2 but at that pricing vs. the competition (including Apple's own AirPods Pro and Beats) they are way too expensive and probably figure they can get away with it since many people will just say "buy me AirPods" to friends. family etc. for Christmas.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
EastHillWill: the Beats Fit Pro *are* the AirPods Pro with full ANC, all the same internal tech but better battery life, no stems, and a secure fit. Oh and $50 less. If he is debating between the AirPods 3 and the Fit Pro I highly, highly recommend the Fit pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbineseaplane

JRiggsIV

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
USA
The beats fit pro have been added to my combo of Airpods 2/3. If I could only keep one, the beats fit pros are the winners. The sound quality and fit is 2nd to none of above. However, I will keep the AirPods 2/3. As someone, who is dependant on ear buds. I feel this combo is perfect for daily use.

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
The beats fit pro have been added to my combo of Airpods 2/3. If I could only keep one, the beats fit pros are the winners. The sound quality and fit is 2nd to none of above. However, I will keep the AirPods 2/3. As someone, who is dependant on ear buds. I feel this combo is perfect for daily use.

Exactly my scenario.

To me a perfect combo is my older AP2 for casual podcast/youtube usage around the house, and the BFP for everything else.

JRiggsIV

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
USA
Exactly my scenario.

To me a perfect combo is my older AP2 for casual podcast/youtube usage around the house, and the BFP for everything else.
That’s a perfect combination as well. When im out, folks are always asking, why do I need 2 pairs of earbuds. My response, I live by earbuds and i need a pair readily available at all times. Now, folks will be asking why do I need 3 pairs, lol. Now, I need catalyst to release a case with a clip for the beats fit pro.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
With a proper seal the Beats fit pro’s are superior for working out than the AirPod’s pro. Not having annoying stems or stem controls makes them more practical. The key is getting a really tight seal. Unfortunately I had to go with third party tips due to the provided tips not sealing properly. So far I really like them.

JRiggsIV

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
USA
With a proper seal the Beats fit pro’s are superior for working out than the AirPod’s pro. Not having annoying stems or stem controls makes them more practical. The key is getting a really tight seal. Unfortunately I had to go with third party tips due to the provided tips not sealing properly. So far I really like them.
The large size stock tips give my ears a really tight seal.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
The large size stock tips give my ears a really tight seal.
You’re lucky. I found two options that worked for me. The large tips from my Powerbeats pro and the Spinfit XL tips. I went with the Spinfits because they fit better in the case.

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
You’re lucky. I found two options that worked for me. The large tips from my Powerbeats pro and the Spinfit XL tips. I went with the Spinfits because they fit better in the case.

Do you have a link to exact ones you are referring to?
I haven't gone down the third party tip route before

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Do you have a link to exact ones you are referring to?
I haven't gone down the third party tip route before
These are the ones I had bought a while ago for my Sony wf-1000xm4 earbuds.

SpinFit CP360 for True Wireless Earbuds XL/L– Patented Silicone Eartips for Replacement, Fits WF-1000 XM4, Beats Studio Buds, Nothing Ear (1) and More (2 Pairs) (for Nozzle Diameter from 4-5.5mm) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0834HX5R...abc_0AW5Y1R18JZHX5M2512B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

FriendlyMackle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2011
NYC

I just got the Beats Fit Pros today, and they are really comfortable! I just took them off after wearing them for around 5 hours, and there was no resultant discomfort.

With any of my other earbuds, my ears feel like they need to ‘rest’ after a long listening/wearing session.

Secondly, these new Beats sound very good. I have never been a fan of any of Apples earphone offerings. AirPod—sound like listening to AM radio (for those of you who don’t know what that sounds like…it is LO-FI ?, and not in a good way). AirPods Pro—sound far better than the original AirPods, but still kind of muddied and muffled…not great for $250, and have only 4.5 hours battery life at most. And that’s before they degrade down to 3 hours One year later. Maybe I’m exaggerating, slightly. ?
Anyhow, I use several other headphones/earphones daily: Bang & Olufsen e8 earbuds (3rd generation, wireless), and Bang & Olufsen H9 Over-Ear Wireless (2nd Gen). I love the sound quality of both of these models, and the battery life, as well. Only the H9’s have ANC, though. And they’re only for wearing at home (at least for me).

EDIT: These BFPs have FIVE hours battery life. I’ve timed them now during a few wearings at a 50% sound level.

These new Beats Fit Pros sound almost as good as my very mobile e8’s—but these have ANC! And battery life is comparable at FIVE hours. I do wear my e8’s during exercise, and they’re great, and stay in position without needing constant adjustment.
Tomorrow will be my first test of these Beats at the gym, I’ll see how they do after an hour on the elliptical and then weights! Given how light they are, the fit, and the fins, I do expect that these are keeper! ?

Last edited:

FriendlyMackle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2011
NYC
Question—can we use Comply-type tips with these new Beats Fit Pros? Foam tips are really my favorites. Just wondering how it will affect the sound.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Question—can we use Comply-type tips with these new Beats Fit Pros? Foam tips are really my favorites. Just wondering how it will affect the sound.
I haven’t tried comply tips yet but I’m sure the sound will be fine. I try to avoid foam tips because they have to be replaced regularly as they tend to deteriorate quickly. I have some laying around so I’ll test them to see if they work well. So far I’m happy with the spinfit XL’s

Reactions: FriendlyMackle
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.