Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macintosh1984

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2012
Hi,

yesterday I received the AirPods 3, I am from gen. 1!

Obviously I'm testing them according to my tastes though:
- do you recommend a music track to understand if I have to keep the spatial audio active or not?
- have you tested the cancellation of "Adapative EQ" by setting it to "Flat" for example? Do you think it sounds better or not?
- do you think it is better to keep both microphones active for calls or only the one on the left or only the one on the right?

I'm not an audiophile expert so I'd love to hear yours and test anyway with adequate tracks to understand how to best set them.

Thanks!

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
- Any track that shows up with The Dolby Atmos label. Look for curated Spatial Audio playlists. Check Control center to make sure it is enabled, along with settings for the AirPods (under Settings, Bluetooth) and Apple Music (Settings, Music).
- I am not sure what you mean. There is no Adaptive EQ setting. It sounds like you are referring to the Apple Music equalizer.
- I let it choose which mic to use, never really understood why that is an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.