Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2021
Got some airpods 3 from costco at launch and been fine except they are still connected while sleeping and losing battery even though they were on the table outside of the case and my phone was on the charger.

Is this normal?? It is like the never shut off or went into low power mode.

Last edited:

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I've experienced that with my PowerBeats Pro, even when I place them back into their case.

I've gotten into the habit of turning off Bluetooth on my phone, then turning it back on - that causes a more permanent disconnect while they are in their case.

I thought the disconnect should have happened automatically, once we return the 'buds into its case. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone else experienced this?

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2021
I've experienced that with my PowerBeats Pro, even when I place them back into their case.

I've gotten into the habit of turning off Bluetooth on my phone, then turning it back on - that causes a more permanent disconnect while they are in their case.

I thought the disconnect should have happened automatically, once we return the 'buds into its case. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone else experienced this?
Weird and just reset them so hopefully that fixes it. First time using airpods and do like them and they fit fine. The sound is not up to par with my bose frees but the case and form factor much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.