Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seeforyourself

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2014
Hey guys, my AirPods just arrived today and I tried them on all excited. I went for a run and they kept falling out of my ear. They are much bigger than the 1st and 2nd gen and these don’t sit well. Even something as simple as shaking my head makes them fling off across the room. My older generation pair fits perfect

Is anyone else having this issue?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Hey guys, my AirPods just arrived today and I tried them on all excited. I went for a run and they kept falling out of my ear. They are much bigger than the 1st and 2nd gen and these don’t sit well. Even something as simple as shaking my head makes them fling off across the room. My older generation pair fits perfect

Is anyone else having this issue?
I don’t want to come across as an ass, but does it matter if anyone else is? You are, and you bought them for you. Sadly if they don’t work for you, no one else can help you with that. :confused:

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I don’t want to come across as an ass, but does it matter if anyone else is? You are, and you bought them for you. Sadly if they don’t work for you, no one else can help you with that. :confused:

I think he knows that, but it will be an interesting conversation to see how many people this affects. I have the Pros, and while the seal between my ears and the silicone tips can loosen after walking a lot, they definitely don't fall out, even if I shake my head or turn it sideways. But I have never tried the "regular" AirPods.

BreakYurAnkles

Suspended
Oct 17, 2021
I think he knows that, but it will be an interesting conversation to see how many people this affects. I have the Pros, and while the seal between my ears and the silicone tips can loosen after walking a lot, they definitely don't fall out, even if I shake my head or turn it sideways. But I have never tried the "regular" AirPods.
my Airpods pro would fall out during my morning workouts (HIIT + Sprints) I made the switch to foam tips and they've never fallen out since.

• Wow
Reactions: seeforyourself
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.