Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Hello everybody,

I just bought my AirPods in the Apple Store and I already love them.

I have a question. Is it normal that when my AirPods are paired with my iPhone 6s Plus, I don't see the headphone logo near the battery indicator in my screen ?
This feature's only for the iPhone 7 ?

Thank you.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Hello everybody,

I just bought my AirPods in the Apple Store and I already love them.

I have a question. Is it normal that when my AirPods are paired with my iPhone 6s Plus, I don't see the headphone logo near the battery indicator in my screen ?
This feature's only for the iPhone 7 ?

Thank you.
What OS is your 6s on?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Ok thank you for theses answers !
Personally I would try unpairing them entirely and setting up as new. Also, if you have another bluetooth device to pair to (like a speaker) pair to that and see if it's just the Airpods not getting the logo. Every speaker I connect to give me the logo.

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Personally I would try unpairing them entirely and setting up as new. Also, if you have another bluetooth device to pair to (like a speaker) pair to that and see if it's just the Airpods not getting the logo. Every speaker I connect to give me the logo.

I've not turn off the airpods since the unboxing 2 hours ago, and now the logo appears on my screen. It was definitely a bug. Thank you !

Reactions: NT1440
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.