Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
For a long time I’ve used my AirPods Pro on my phone. A couple weeks ago I used them on my iPad once and now when I put in my AirPods they usually connect to the iPad and not the phone. I have no idea how to stop this!

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/iphone/iph08b253c17/ios
I have selected connect to the iPhone when last connected.

This weekend several hour walk at the park using them. Then come home and play same podcast to AirPlay for an hour. Then pop on the AirPods as I’m heading out the door and of course they connect to the iPad. Nice.

This morning heading out to work I put them in and of course they connected to ipad again. So I had the bright idea to just remove the bluetooth device from the ipad, try that and I'm faced with the warning "removing this removes it from all your devices". WTF apple?

Iphone 12 is 15.1.1, airpods pro are the recent 4C165 (this happened on previous too), Ipad is on public beta 15.2.

Last edited:

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
you can try re-pairing them, just remove them and re-add them, It might clear up the probelm

re-adding them is really easy to do.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I quit using mine because of this. I did the last connected thing like you mentioned and that would work for a few days, then randomly it would go back to connecting to my iPad or MacBook. I deleted them from BT and re-added and that too only worked for a short time.

I gave up and bought a set of Jabra earbuds and they work perfectly.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
I quit using mine because of this. I did the last connected thing like you mentioned and that would work for a few days, then randomly it would go back to connecting to my iPad or MacBook. I deleted them from BT and re-added and that too only worked for a short time.

I gave up and bought a set of Jabra earbuds and they work perfectly.
Well that isn't great news. If it wasn't for a not charging problem (which ipods also have to a smaller extent) i'd still be using my galaxy buds+.

Now that 15.2 is official and on my iphone on equal footing with my ipad I'm hoping this will go away. It hasn't happened after the updates anyway.

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.