Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have my AirPods in my ears right now and I'm getting the "Bluetooth skip" on the music I'm listening to. I'm typing this on my iPhone so my phone is maybe 2 feet from my head/AirPods. Earlier today I had my MacBook Pro out with my iPad Pro doing work. Had my iPhone on the table within 5 feet and was getting a TON of "Bluetooth skip." Any suggestions? For full disclosure, I'm using Spotify, I have my Apple Watch on and am on wifi 5ghz.

I'm tempted to disconnect and reconnect overall. Anyone else having/had this issue and found a solution? Love these things...but I shouldn't have connectivity issues when the phone is that close. Was thinking BT interference this AM with my iPad & MBP right there...but as I type right now, all I have is my iPhone close to me. iPad is about 6 ft away.

TIA!

karthik02

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2016
Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have my AirPods in my ears right now and I'm getting the "Bluetooth skip" on the music I'm listening to. I'm typing this on my iPhone so my phone is maybe 2 feet from my head/AirPods. Earlier today I had my MacBook Pro out with my iPad Pro doing work. Had my iPhone on the table within 5 feet and was getting a TON of "Bluetooth skip." Any suggestions? For full disclosure, I'm using Spotify, I have my Apple Watch on and am on wifi 5ghz.

I'm tempted to disconnect and reconnect overall. Anyone else having/had this issue and found a solution? Love these things...but I shouldn't have connectivity issues when the phone is that close. Was thinking BT interference this AM with my iPad & MBP right there...but as I type right now, all I have is my iPhone close to me. iPad is about 6 ft away.

TIA!

I had this initially, but pressed the button on the AirPods case a number of times and after a later connection the skipping seems to have stopped. Def had the same problem, not having it now, not sure what changed or how to re-produce. Maybe it's related to the BT channel?

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ

I'm tempted to disconnect and reconnect overall. Anyone else having/had this issue and found a solution? Love these things...but I shouldn't have connectivity issues when the phone is that close.
emoji17.png
Was thinking BT interference this AM with my iPad & MBP right there...but as I type right now, all I have is my iPhone close to me. iPad is about 6 ft away.

TIA!
Definitely try disconnecting, forgetting, and reconnecting. That would have been my first step to trouble shoot. Also try restarting your iPhone. I was having a similar problem that occurred mostly when I was outside. After trying those suggestions, it was a lot better, but still not 100%. Inside I have a much better connection, I think because the walls contain the BT signal for less drops/skips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.