Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbkappl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2021
Yesterday I have received my new AirPods Gen 3 and started using them. Initial impression the sound quality was not that great even compared to the AirPods 2 and was unable to turn on Spatial Audio going into Control Center and long tap the AirPods option states "Spatial Audio not playing" After some research, I have disabled the Mono Audio going into Settings --> Accessibility --> Audio/Visual --> Disable the Mono Audio. Then the magic started. The quality was improved a lot in stereo mode and spatial audio blown my mind. Just sharing to help who ever facing my situation with their new AirPods Gen 3. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Reactions: Ent

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Yesterday I have received my new AirPods Gen 3 and started using them. Initial impression the sound quality was not that great even compared to the AirPods 2 and was unable to turn on Spatial Audio going into Control Center and long tap the AirPods option states "Spatial Audio not playing" After some research, I have disabled the Mono Audio going into Settings --> Accessibility --> Audio/Visual --> Disable the Mono Audio. Then the magic started. The quality was improved a lot in stereo mode and spatial audio blown my mind. Just sharing to help who ever facing my situation with their new AirPods Gen 3. Hope this helps. Enjoy!
This helped so much!!! Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.