Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
I always listen to music in bed before sleep, i love it. But how do the airpods do for sleeping? Can you comfortable rest on your side with your head/ear on the pillow without the airpod putting pressure and getting uncomfortable?

Thanks!

Reactions: blaine07

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I actually did that yesterday morning. 30 min podcast in bed, head on the side. It was cool.

Slightly uncomfortable in some positions after a while. Probably depends a lot on your ear shape, pillow density, etc.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
no issues at all here, tried it last night and was fine. Sometimes i like to watch youtube videos as i fall asleep..weird i know but they were fine then.

i have had the air pods in my ears while watching the football and listening to podcasts and it's easy to forget they are in even my ears.

Wormald

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
London
lying on my side with my ear pressing against the pillow is too uncomfortable for me - i take out one airpod and just have the one for the ear pointing up, as i did with earpods.

sooo much better being wire-free though, no tangles and pulls!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.