Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smarcotte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Being 45 minutes away from the nearest Apple store I am wondering if anyone has had any luck finding airpods in retailers other than Apple Stores. Thanks.

pippakay

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
Being 45 minutes away from the nearest Apple store I am wondering if anyone has had any luck finding airpods in retailers other than Apple Stores. Thanks.
i'm an hour and 15 minutes away from the closest apple store so I tried my local Best Buy. They hadn't even heard of air pods.

I called the local reseller yesterday to see if they'd be getting any stock...kid on the phone said not until February, but I thought maybe he just didn't know...now I'm starting to think he knew exactly what he was talking about. oh, well.

Reactions: clunkmess

pippakay

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder if stores will get stock today

I wonder, too. I hope if anyone finds one at a retail location they post. I don't feel like driving around and hitting various resellers/phone/target stores to see if anybody might have gotten one!

sktgater

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
Got mine at NYC Grand Central store this morning. They will definitely have in stock. In Grand Central, they have a lot actually (at least 100)
They are GREAT! this is a must-get

Reactions: SHKLMRE

CrystalPepsi

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I was fifth in line (I got in line at 8:05am) in Indy this morning and was able to buy a pair without issue. The lady attempting to purchase some in the store next to me (she was several places behind me in line) was out of luck, though. My sales person didn't know how many pair they had or didn't want to divulge. My guess is that it was much less than 100. :(

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
Depends on the store. I live really close to the Greenville, SC location and they had 5 sets of Airpods come in. Nowhere near the amount the more popular locations received.

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
I was first in line at 7:20 at the Northlake Apple in charlotte and about 10 people by opening. They wouldn't disclose how many they received but said they would be out in 5 mins.

Attachments

• IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 452
Reactions: SHKLMRE

pippakay

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
actually, I was hoping to hear from anyone who found a pair at a location that is NOT an Apple store, rather at an authorized resellers…

thanks to bhayes444 for the Greenville update, though, I kind of figured that was the case.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Best Buy would get them dropped shipped by whatever carrier they use, they would not go to warehouses first is what the Apple rep in my store said so nobody would have any advanced info. Either they get a delivery or not.

All retailers, not just Apple were suppose they get some this week is what the front page news article stated last week.
[doublepost=1482160896][/doublepost]
Depends on the store. I live really close to the Greenville, SC location and they had 5 sets of Airpods come in. Nowhere near the amount the more popular locations received.

Apple Store?

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Got mine at NYC Grand Central store this morning. They will definitely have in stock. In Grand Central, they have a lot actually (at least 100)
They are GREAT! this is a must-get
ugh i was just in NYC for vacay, and now back in Columbus, GA. an hour and 15 minutes from closest apple store. Why didn't they release a week earlier! FML!

i have to wait to January 12th for apple to ship them to me :(

Reactions: clunkmess

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
Best Buy would get them dropped shipped by whatever carrier they use, they would not go to warehouses first is what the Apple rep in my store said so nobody would have any advanced info. Either they get a delivery or not.

All retailers, not just Apple were suppose they get some this week is what the front page news article stated last week.
[doublepost=1482160896][/doublepost]

Apple Store?

The BB next to my house ALWAYS get Apple products before Apple (Pencil, iPad stock, MB stock,) so I'll check in a few hours and report back.

Reactions: pippakay

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Got a set of 2 at local Apple store. 20 people in line at opening. Associates were clapping as we enter the store with some of them holding a box of AirPods. This was one of their flagship stores so I figure they has ~50 in stock.... gone in just a few minutes.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
I thought it'd be absolute lunatic of an idea but I think I might try a local Apple store before its opening this morning to try my luck getting these.

Never done this or lined up for an Apple product before on its actual store release day.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Local Apple Store (Holyoke, MA) was already sold out by the time I got there, ~20 minutes after opening.

Does anyone know if for launches like this stock usually comes in every day, or would there be a few days between shipments?

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I'm not even going to try until after the holiday. Timing couldn't be worse (or better, depending).

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California
ugh i was just in NYC for vacay, and now back in Columbus, GA. an hour and 15 minutes from closest apple store. Why didn't they release a week earlier! FML!

i have to wait to January 12th for apple to ship them to me :(
Don't wait! Mine is January 12 delivery also, that's why i'm in line right now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.