Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
New York
I have AirPods paired to a 2013 Mac Pro running El Cap, so they are paired using regular Bluetooth.

I notice if I start to use them with my phone not around everything works fine, if I pickup and use my phone or bring it close suddenly the connection starts to skip and then drops and also my bluetooth keyboard & trackpad start skipping. This doesn't end until I put the Air Pods into their case.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nanotyrns

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2012
Denver
I have AirPods paired to a 2013 Mac Pro running El Cap, so they are paired using regular Bluetooth.

I notice if I start to use them with my phone not around everything works fine, if I pickup and use my phone or bring it close suddenly the connection starts to skip and then drops and also my bluetooth keyboard & trackpad start skipping. This doesn't end until I put the Air Pods into their case.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yes. They worked fine on a walk last night but when I got home and sat down in front of my computer it all went south very quickly. Couldn't resolve it so I gave up and put them away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.