Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EinLugga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2023
Do you guys think it’s worth to buy AirPods Max at the moment do we know when AirPods Max 2 are coming?

cygy2k

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2005
They work as well now as 2 years ago or 2 years from now. These aren't issue-free, but no headphones are. I just bought a pair and I'm an eternal worry-er.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
The oldest Airpods we ever had were the Pro 1st gen with 1047 days.

The Max is now at 983 days.

Not sure i trust Kuo on this one.

Reactions: ajcgn

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
They better release new ones with USB-C connection. I am not looking forward to having duplicate cables for my phone with USB-C and my AirPods Max with Lightning.

SpaceCrystal

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2021
They better release new ones with USB-C connection. I am not looking forward to having duplicate cables for my phone with USB-C and my AirPods Max with Lightning.
I believe that's coming. I also refuse to purchase the 2nd generation of the AirPods Pro until they come out with a USB-C equivalent, the same way that they've done with the Apple TV 4K remote within the 3rd Gen Apple TV 4K model.

Reactions: gadgetgirl85

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
The Max aren't getting the latest features that Apple discussed during WWDC. I've got to believe that means new ones are at least on the horizon. Updating to USB-C alone would not be enough for Apple to do an update, but it is enough for me to not consider buying them at this point.

sailingHobbit

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2022
Germany
I'm also waiting for a USB-C version. Hopefully Apple will finally take back the European price hike they did for most products in October 2022 when the USD<>EUR rate was seriously bad for European customers. They did for the iPhones with the release of the 15 series (the 15 Pro is actually 100€ cheaper than the 14 Pro at launch) but left all other products untouched.
Therefore the AirPods Max are about 540€ when you get a good deal (usually more like 560€) which is way to expensive when the usual price from late 2021 till about September 2022 was 440€.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.