Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
I need to take a few moments to apologize about the AirPods Max, both to the product itself and also to forum members with whom I've sparred with over these in the past.

A week or so ago, a friend got me a pair as a gift (not knowing I'd tried them before). I was left with a decision...Sell them as sealed, or open them and give it another run. I chose the latter.

As I had no money on the table, I honestly was a bit more aggressive with these than I was ever comfortable with before.

I've been stretching and twisting them ..... and I've honestly been loving them.

Once the clamp got reduced, I have mostly been in total bliss.

So to those who I dismissed on these before, I apologize.

You were right.
If you can get the comfort right, they sound wonderful, the integration is superb and I'm really enjoying them.

I do still think they are overpriced at MSRP, but....once you have them, and if you get comfort you are ok with..

Banging good time..
Bravo!

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I need to take a few moments to apologize about the AirPods Max, both to the product itself and also to forum members with whom I've sparred with over these in the past.

A week or so ago, a friend got me a pair as a gift (not knowing I'd tried them before). I was left with a decision...Sell them as sealed, or open them and give it another run. I chose the latter.

As I had no money on the table, I honestly was a bit more aggressive with these than I was ever comfortable with before.

I've been stretching and twisting them ..... and I've honestly been loving them.

Once the clamp got reduced, I have mostly been in total bliss.

So to those who I dismissed on these before, I apologize.

You were right.
If you can get the comfort right, they sound wonderful, the integration is superb and I'm really enjoying them.

I do still think they are overpriced at MSRP, but....once you have them, and if you get comfort you are ok with..

Banging good time..
Bravo!
That's why I take opinions in this forum with a grain of salt. I recall you singing the praises of the Beats Fit Pros with Comply tips.
These tips are winners for sure.

Takes the BFP from an 8/10 up to a full 9/10 for me

I reserve 10/10 for truly perfect products.
Then you ended up returning the BFP.

Reactions: japanime

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
That's why I take opinions in this forum with a grain of salt. I recall you singing the praises of the Beats Fit Pros with Comply tips.

Then you ended up returning the BFP.

I still think the BFP's are great products actually.
The Comply foam tips are also great, and makes the BFP even better!

The wingtips gave me comfort issues over the longer term.
I didn't hide any of that and posted the feelings as they changed.

Feelings evolve as you use something more.
That's ok, isn't it?

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I think it takes a good person to retract a strong opinion. Of course the AirPods Max are not for everyone. I do like mine, but I am not blind to some improvements. I won’t bother listing what I think about how they can be improved, because my ideas may not fit others needs.

All in all these BT over the ear headphones are the best I’ve ever owned, and I have owned many of them:) The good news is that they do go on sale once in awhile, and at those sale prices do compete better with similar quality headphones.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
The good news is that they do go on sale once in awhile, and at those sale prices do compete better with similar quality headphones.

Speaking of that, I've seen some BNIB around me at $350 in the last couple weeks..

That definitely gets into "buy" territory (or it should) for many folks who don't like the MSRP (like myself).
Obviously I have a pair now and my "deal" was as good as it gets..

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
I think it takes a good person to retract a strong opinion.

Thank you for saying that by the way.

I have loads of opinions all over this forum and I think the only way to be in good faith is be honest and open about when things change.

It's a real societal problem we have where not enough people apologize, correct errors and let new evidence be able to sway their opinions. Too many of us dig in and don't let new information influence us as it should.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Thank you for saying that by the way.

I have loads of opinions all over this forum and I think the only way to be in good faith is be honest and open about when things change.

It's a real societal problem we have where not enough people apologize, correct errors and let new evidence be able to sway their opinions. Too many of us dig in and don't let new information influence us as it should.
Well the web does make it easier to lose sight of civility. Strong opinions are okay, but of course respecting people's varying opinions is something to strive for. In my opinion if someone is so way out there, according to my own moral compass I don't usually engage. But, there are a few topics (non-tech) that of course probably need some level of response.

As an early user of the Internet via my work in higher education the web environment has moved light years ahead. I used to run a dial up site called the "Mouse Hole" on a Mac XL (ex-Lisa) ;)

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.