Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulW247

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2023
I purchased my Airpods Max in early 2021. They are great, and I'll probably get another pair when these ones die.

For the entire time that I've owned them, I have kept them on a charging stand on my desk. I hadn't noticed any issues with battery life, and this worked well for 2 and a half years.

Recently though, they had quit working. It started where I had to move them in just the right way to get them to recognize they were on my head, but eventually they just quit working. I tried resetting multiple times, and I followed steps to clean the contacts, but they wouldn't even connect. Being out of warranty, I figured they were done. I put them in the original case while I tried to figure out how to recycle them.

While they were in the case, they suddenly "woke up", and I was able to connect them to my phone. Since then, they have worked great. I threw out the desk stand and keep them in the case now.

I post this for 2 reasons:

1. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
2. If you keep your APM on a desk stand and they're acting weird, try putting them in the case. Maybe it will fix your issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.