Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matttarantino

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2021
Does anyone else have an issue with their AirPods Max where they "fizzle out" when connected to a Mac? By fizzle out, they'll be fine then you'll encounter some skipping (almost as if you are getting too far way). It gets worse and worse until they ultimately just stop playing. If I take them off my head, and put them back on, they are good for another 30 minutes until it happens again. This is my second pair of AirPods Max and they do the same thing. I have also tried across two Intel MBP's, same thing. However if I connect them to my iPhone, they are totally fine for hours.

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
The closest I had was a hiccup only with Microsoft Teams. They would fizzle out but come back up in seconds. Teams seems to causes issues with Bluetooth headsets more than any other app.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Depends on the Mac. My MacBook Pros are working flawlessly, my cMP has been a problem from the beginning with anything BlueTooth - very poor range due to antennas at the bottom of a metal case.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.