Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maplepants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2021
I have a work phone and a personal phone, as well as AirPods Max for my work phone/macbook and AirPods 2 for my personal stuff.

On days when I leave my house and go to the office, if I bring my AirPods Max, I'll get this notification on my work phone about them following me. I also get it on my personal phone, but that I understand.

So how do I stop getting notified about my AirPods Max following me on the phone that they're actually paired to? Is there some kind of factory reset dance I need to do?

Attachments

• IMG_0017.PNG
    IMG_0017.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 36

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Same here. AirPods Max and iPhone registered under the same Apple ID.
The constant 'Moving With You' notifications got so annoying, I disabled the warning completely.
BTW, resetting and re-adding the AirPods to my Apple ID did not help.
But this process triggered to offer me 3 months of free Apple Music for my "Newly Purchased" AirPods Max that were actually 3.5 years old.
But this proves that Apple has problems properly assigning/registering the AirPods (to an Apple ID).

But that was last year. Perhaps Apple has fixed it by now and I should try it again so I can leave the 'Moving With You' warning feature enabled…

maplepants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2021
Same here. AirPods Max and iPhone registered under the same Apple ID.
The constant 'Moving With You' notifications got so annoying, I disabled the warning completely.
BTW, resetting and re-adding the AirPods to my Apple ID did not help.
But this process triggered to offer me 3 months of free Apple Music for my "Newly Purchased" AirPods Max that were actually 3.5 years old.
But this proves that Apple has problems properly assigning/registering the AirPods (to an Apple ID).

But that was last year. Perhaps Apple has fixed it by now and I should try it again so I can leave the 'Moving With You' warning feature enabled…
Well, you already took the plung once. If someone else doesn’t replay about having tried it recently then I’ll do it this weekend and report back.

My hopes are low though lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.