Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I've had these headphones since June 2021. I've never had an issue using them with my M1 MacMini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",iPhone 11 Pro (passed down to kid) or my current iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Yesterday I took the headphones off my head, and Apple Music did not pause. I then tried them with my iPhone, and iPad. No joy, the music would not pause. I pulled the ear cups, and reseated them. No I have not recently pulled them.

I do have Apple Care, and I did call Apple. In the end I deleted the headphones from all of my devices and did a total reset of the headphones. Yes, I had all current firmware (on the headphones) and iOS and OS on my devices.

So in the end I'm wondering what the heck triggered this issue? New iOS, new OS, new firmware? The jealous Gods of Sony, B&W, Bose, Sennheiser etc. (you can tell I love headphones).

Speaking of Apple's firmware upgrades for these headphones, I just Apple was more transparent of about the release/reason for the update/ and offer a true manual way to trigger the firmware update. The "pat" your head, rub your tummy" auto update process is a pain in the....

In the end I just thought I'd share my recent need to hose down all my Apple devices to make auto pause work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.