Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Is anyone else’s AirPods Max having trouble waking up from sleep ever since firmware 4A400?

I noticed that ever since the latest update, there are more chances that my AirPods Max won’t wake from sleep after taking them out of the smart case. I’d have to reset them more often. It’s happening on a daily basis. ?

kscrabill

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2021
I have been having this issue for awhile as well. I had the AirPods Max sent out for repair and the issue still was not resolved. When I put them on my head I can hear a clicking noise, do you experience the same thing? I first noticed this when I connected them to my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Which device do you have the AirPods Max connected to? Have you been able to update the firmware on the AirPods Max? I haven't had any luck.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
No issues so far, though I barely use the case. Your troubles may be accentuated with a 3rd party case that has magnets. Reading about static and clicking noises brings back airpod pro memories And they were all due to things getting clogged. Never thought these would go the same route, but god bless warranty

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
No problem with mine. Try restarting your phone.

Before the new firmware, I tried restarting my devices to no avail. Looks like the new firmware fixed my issue, though!

I have been having this issue for awhile as well. I had the AirPods Max sent out for repair and the issue still was not resolved. When I put them on my head I can hear a clicking noise, do you experience the same thing? I first noticed this when I connected them to my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Which device do you have the AirPods Max connected to? Have you been able to update the firmware on the AirPods Max? I haven't had any luck.

Nope, no clicking noise for me! I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro and an iPad Air (4th gen).

Looks like the new firmware fixed it for me!

No issues so far, though I barely use the case. Your troubles may be accentuated with a 3rd party case that has magnets. Reading about static and clicking noises brings back airpod pro memories And they were all due to things getting clogged. Never thought these would go the same route, but god bless warranty

I don’t use any third-party cases, though! But my AirPods Max is thankfully still under warranty. [And my issue is gone.]

Maybe the new firmware will fix your issue? 4A400 is the old firmware now.

From the looks of it, I think the new firmware has fixed my issue! ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.