Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
AirPods Pro Max for some reason keeps disconnecting and needs to be re-paired. This doesn't happen with my AirPods Pro. I actually had Apple swap out the AirPods Max for another pair and the same problem persists on 15.2 on both my iPhone and iPad.

Not sure if it is a 15.2 problem but I've never had issues like this before,

Anyone else experiencing this?

DekuBleep

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
That has been happening to me today with the Beats Fit Pro headphones

But I am using iOS 15.1. And it doesn’t happen to my APM.

john g.

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2012
I have been getting this for the last two days. It's weird though because it coincided with me getting replacement AirPods Max headphones. My first pair started making a lot of unwanted noise.

I just received my new pair two days ago and while they sound better with no noise, I'm having those same connection problems as you two.

I was already to call Apple tomorrow and say the replacement headphones were malfunctioning but now I'm not so sure

Oh, and I also had some dramatic battery drain while in the case overnight :-(

StatFlow

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
Same thing happening with me with a variety of H1 headphones (AirPods 3, Beats Solo 3) across my two iCloud devices (iPad and iPhone 13 Pro Max)...after a few minutes of listening after pairing, the headphones literally get forgotten by all my iCloud devices.

Because it's happening across devices and across two different pairs of headphones...it leads me to believe this is a software issue. Really annoying

Pearus

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2017
Philadelphia
Same thing happening with me with a variety of H1 headphones (AirPods 3, Beats Solo 3) across my two iCloud devices (iPad and iPhone 13 Pro Max)...after a few minutes of listening after pairing, the headphones literally get forgotten by all my iCloud devices.

Because it's happening across devices and across two different pairs of headphones...it leads me to believe this is a software issue. Really annoying
Experiencing the same issue and no amount of reboots, forgetting, and re-pairing has seemed to work.

StatFlow

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
Experiencing the same issue and no amount of reboots, forgetting, and re-pairing has seemed to work.
So I looked around and found a workaround that worked for me but your mileage may vary and maybe you'll need a Mac...

Basically, instead of connecting the AirPods to an iOS device, I connected it first to my MacBook Air M1. After that, it showed up in my list of bluetooth devices on my iPhone and iPad. Haven't had any issues since then. Good luck...feels like something in iOS is broken.

btw the thread was here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airpods-3-drop-connection-after-about-1-minute.2319905/

Reactions: Pearus

Pearus

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2017
Philadelphia
So I looked around and found a workaround that worked for me but your mileage may vary and maybe you'll need a Mac...

Basically, instead of connecting the AirPods to an iOS device, I connected it first to my MacBook Air M1. After that, it showed up in my list of bluetooth devices on my iPhone and iPad. Haven't had any issues since then. Good luck...feels like something in iOS is broken.

btw the thread was here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/airpods-3-drop-connection-after-about-1-minute.2319905/
Yeah I saw this too, unfortunately my MacBook Pro has already been sold in anticipation of my new one which is currently stuck with UPS in China...

Worst case I'll just have to wait until it shows up to fix mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.