Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiniMaxHouss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2020
Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone, just checking if someone else is experiencing something similar.

Basically, whenever my AirPods Max are on their stand or just laying on the desk for a few hours, they don't wake up when I pick them up and them on my head. On the iPhone, it says they are connected, but they just don't work. No light, no head detection. I have to long press both buttons until the light goes orange to wake them up. I've cleaned the head detection sensors, tried hard resetting them, but it didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas ?

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
I have never used the AirPods Max case and they rest on one of two headphone stands. They are always ready to go when I pick them up.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
Perhaps try resetting them to factory settings and remove them from your bluetooth list?
Then pair them again. Easy and quick to do, if it doesn’t work ask Apple care and/or return them.

Reactions: johntw

MiniMaxHouss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2020
Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone, little update. This was definitely an issue with the AirPods Max. Had them replaced under Apple Care. This is the second replacement for me, so third AirPods Max in 8 months... glad to have Apple Care +

Last edited:
Reactions: alecgold
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.