Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Salt City Ute

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2018
Salt Lake City, Utah
I bought AirPods Max to use with my Apple TV 4K and experience quite a bit of sound loss or interruptions. I shut off Bluetooth of all the devices around the area and the interruptions improved but still happen. The only other device around is my internet router, would that cause my issues?

The AirPods and Apple TV are on the latest software. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
In case you still experience the problem, here are some thoughts:
- I can understand having interruptions, but sound loss (in the meaning of reduced sound quality/bandwith due to bad reception) would be new to me. This is based on the assumption that your internet speed is (stable) enough for your consumed content.
- Interference between 2,4 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth is technically unavoidable (at least to some extend). 5 GHz doesn‘t have this problem.
- The same applies to the emitting frequencies of USB 3.0 circuits - any devices/disks in close proximity to the Apple TV?
- Have you tried moving the Apple TV further away from your TV in case it is blocking/interfering?
- Are the Airpods Max the only device having this issue? You can try resetting them: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211904

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.