Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chickenbroth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
these are brand new and have the most recent firmware but there is no tone volume setting in accessibility. I have been looking this up the entire time since I got these two days ago and all I can find is that the setting appears for some people and doesn't for others.

the sound when connecting or pressing any buttons is deafening. I have all ringer and haptics noises at the lowest possible settings, and loud volume control at the lowest setting. the airpods are not affected by any of this. I can listen to music, youtube, etc just fine but the connection sound from just when I put it on my head is so loud I have a severe migraine from testing turning the headphones/my phone on and off again to see if it would change and it didn't work

please help, this was my gift for Christmas and I can't even use them it is too loud T_T

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
since you haven't gotten any other replies, not sure if this will help in this situation.

have you tired unpairing and re-pairing them? that tends to clear up a lot of weirdness.
I'd unpair them using the menu on your phone, reset them, then add them again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.