Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I have a Samsung TV (wall mounted) and a Samsung Sound Bar/Subwoofer setup. (Probably not the best sound bar/subwoofer out there but I like them. Though my better half says when I listen to a movie/Apple TV show it is annoying to her because of the way the loft is built wide open in our house.)
Anyway, I just ordered AirPods Max from Amazon (between the Black Friday discount and the additional $150 off for signing up for Amazon's new credit card couldn't resist) and just curious how people compare their listening experience - again mainly for movies and Apple TV/Amazon/Netflix viewing as I rarely if ever listen to music in that room. I never felt paying the full price plus tax for a pair of the Max was worth it for me as I would rarely use them when by my iMac or for anything aside from movie/TV watching.
Thanks for your insights/opinions.

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
I’m sure they will sound amazing but I would miss the bass from an actual home theatre. Like real bass that your whole body feels.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
You mean the bass that my better half is constantly complaining about??? LOL

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I don't choose to use mine that way unless I have to. Dialogue works best with a bit of room to breathe. But when I do have to, it's nice to have them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.