Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
So this is bizarre.

Just picked up the Max, factory sealed at best buy for $449

When I looked at the info on the AirPods max says warranty runs out 1/23/23.

I just got the today and they were factory sealed?

Anyone else have this happen?

I assume my receipt would trump that date for the 20 day gap.

Thanks

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
So this is bizarre.

Just picked up the Max, factory sealed at best buy for $449

When I looked at the info on the AirPods max says warranty runs out 1/23/23.

I just got the today and they were factory sealed?

Anyone else have this happen?

I assume my receipt would trump that date for the 20 day gap.

Thanks
You have the mfg warranty (Apple) for 1 year. (parts/labor) based on when the product was received. A optional 2 year Apple Care is $59 at both as a FYI. Did you order this a few weeks ago and it was delayed getting to you?

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
You have the mfg warranty (Apple) for 1 year. (parts/labor) based on when the product was received. A optional 2 year Apple Care is $59 at both as a FYI. Did you order this a few weeks ago and it was delayed getting to you?
Nope. I bought from Best Bu tonight, it was factory sealed.

My only guess is that when they received it

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Nope. I bought from Best Bu tonight, it was factory sealed.

My only guess is that when they received it
I just call Best Buy and have them modify your warranty date, or next time your at the store. They have a photo image of your receipt with the order so not like anyone needs any more proof. Yes they have a dumb system it seems. ;)

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I had this issue. I bought it from John Lewis which is a U.K. department store. I bought in late aug and warranty was from June. I wanted applecare so I just called apple And they sorted it out.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Perhaps someone bought them, and returned them without opening them. The warranty starts from the initial sale date so either BestBuy's computer system is messed up or someone purchased them and decided against going with them. You should be able to contact Apple and provide proof of purchase and they should update the warranty. If the don't, keep the receipt for warranty purposes after 1/23/23- 2/12-23.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.