Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Hi, AirPods Pro switching is working on my 2013 MBP which is the feature I was looking forward to most, but the "AirPods nearby" notification will not go away! it is popping up repeatedly and constantly, it doesn't matter if you click "connect" or the x button to get rid of it.

Anyone else hav this issue?

Reactions: jagooch

wbwalsh

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
Same with me. I also receive the notification on my iPad and both are in the beta program. I'm dealing with the inconvenience/aggravation for now however will turn off all notifications within the next couple days if no fix.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I couldn’t find a way to turn the notification off? I have the opposite problem on my 2017 iMac - the switching doesn’t work at all.

oliverlubin

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
may have found a way to make them stop. on your iPhone go into bluetooth -> AirPods Pro settings and switch the "Connect to this iPhone" to "When Last Connected"

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Hi, AirPods Pro switching is working on my 2013 MBP which is the feature I was looking forward to most, but the "AirPods nearby" notification will not go away! it is popping up repeatedly and constantly, it doesn't matter if you click "connect" or the x button to get rid of it.

Anyone else hav this issue?

Same. I have a long running process running on my laptop. I'm listening to audio on my phone . Every time I go to my laptop to check on the process, the airpods nearby notification pops up. Sometimes 2 notification happen at same time.

Hopefully there is a way to turn it off. It's common for me to listen to audio from my phone when operating my personal or corporate(employer) laptop. Sometimes I have my personal and work laptops next to each other on the desk, and the airpods notification has a field day :)

I'm on Big Sur v11.1

unfunfionn

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm working on my Mac but listening on my iPad, because the AirPods audio quality on Big Sur is abysmal. But it asks me to connect every few minutes no matter how many times I dismiss the notification.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm working on my Mac but listening on my iPad, because the AirPods audio quality on Big Sur is abysmal. But it asks me to connect every few minutes no matter how many times I dismiss the notification.
Personally, I haven't found a solution. The notification is as annoying as ever.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Send Apple feedback. If enough people do it, they'll make it a priority... so maybe a fix in 2 years ;)

unfunfionn

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Recently it hasn't just been this one that's annoying. If I watch a TV show with AirPlay via the TV app and pause mid-episode, I get constant notifications on my phone afterwards asking to resume. Like every couple of minutes for 30+ minutes.

I send Apple Feedback almost daily on bugs at this point.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Recently it hasn't just been this one that's annoying. If I watch a TV show with AirPlay via the TV app and pause mid-episode, I get constant notifications on my phone afterwards asking to resume. Like every couple of minutes for 30+ minutes.

I send Apple Feedback almost daily on bugs at this point.
I’m glad that you still have the energy to do so. I do it maybe 10 times a year, it usually the same requests every year. Some of them are over 10 years old now, lol.

I actually schedule them in omnifocus to keep reminding Apple.

And every year Apple does things like add emojiis and other useless junk instead of useful features.

/end whining

Be Cloud Savvy

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2021
I have found the notification equally annoying (really, infuriating). Try this as a solution:

Apple;
System Preferences;
Bluetooth;
(Choose your AirPods Pro) Options;
Set 'Connect to This Mac' to 'When Last Connected to This Mac'
Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 11.43.10 AM.png

jmontgomery006

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2021
Don't know if this will help anyone out, but I turned of notifications on my MBP for smart card pairing and the notifications stopped!

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
It's back with Monterey!

I want the option of "never" for "Connect to this Mac".

I bought a utility called Toothfairy ( I know, what a name! ) to make it easy to connect and disconnect bluetooth audio devices. I never want my Airpods Pro to connect to my Mac automatically. I almost never want to do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.