Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
So I currently have Maxes and although i love them, for some reason if i wear them for over an hour or 2 I will often get a headache. I read this is due to "Fatigue" or pressure or something that some people get with ANC. My question is, will i get this with Airpod pro's 2nd gen as well more than likely?

Does anyone in here experience what i'm talking about?

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
I don't experience that on either the earbuds or the headphones, but I wonder if it's not about the pressure of the headphones themselves on your head? Have you tried listening for a prolonged period of time without noise cancellation activated?

Reactions: AlastorKatriona

AlastorKatriona

Suspended
Nov 3, 2023
I don't experience that on either the earbuds or the headphones, but I wonder if it's not about the pressure of the headphones themselves on your head? Have you tried listening for a prolonged period of time without noise cancellation activated?
It's undoubtedly just about having the headphones on his head. All over ear headphones produce some form of discomfort after prolonged use. Has nothing to do with ANC.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022
I'm 90% sure that this is just from the sheer weight of the maxes, they're pretty hefty headphones, and I don't think that you'll run into this issue with the Airpod pros.
I keep mine in the adaptive mode because when I'm at the gym, I have found that if I use ANC, it gives me paranoia, but it has never given me a headache when I do use it.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
You would kind of hope that anyone with at least one braincell is able to think "are clampy headphones clamping?"

If on the other hand they're unable to articulate the issue in English then it could be ANC-induced pressure, but that is felt in the ear as opposed to around the ear of course.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
thanks everyone

I also got this with Bose Quiet Comforts 10x worse than with Maxes. Lots of googling showed that it was an ANC pressure related thing.

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
I’m a migraine suffers and I am very sensitive to headaches. Fortunately I don’t get any with the Bose qc earbuds II or AirPods Pro 2

Reactions: eclipse01

srknpower

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2016
I experienced this with AirPods Pro 1 but not with AirPods Pro 2. AirPods Pro 2 doesn’t give me a headache when ANC is on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.