Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Hi everyone,
I have been using my AirPods for a few years and when I take them out of their case and place them into my ears, only the left one connects instantly. I then have to take them out, put them back into the case and then put them back into my ears for both to connect. Anybody else have this issue? Is there a fix I’m not aware of? ThankYou

Reactions: DougiePhresh

bigshot

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2021
Does the order you put them in your ears make a difference? (i.e. left first or right first)

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Does the order you put them in your ears make a difference? (i.e. left first or right first)
No difference at all, if I put the right one in the first time then only the left still connects ?

jaredt203

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have been using my AirPods for a few years and when I take them out of their case and place them into my ears, only the left one connects instantly. I then have to take them out, put them back into the case and then put them back into my ears for both to connect. Anybody else have this issue? Is there a fix I’m not aware of? ThankYou
I feel your pain! This happens to me sometimes. I’ve tried in/re-pairing and it helps temporarily but the issue always returns. These are AirPods 2, just over a year old.

DougiePhresh

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
Hi everyone,
I had this exact same issue with mine… I did find that I only had to put the right one (not both) back in the case, close it, and then put it back in my ear though… which I know is slightly less than an actual helpful tip, but ??‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlexJ092

spacemnspiff

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
MD
I found a way to reset the Airpods2 after un-pairing/forgetting from my iPhone so that it starts fresh at the next pairing. After Forget Airpods from your device, hold the case button until the light flashes orange to reset it. Then pair it to your device, this is what helped my disconnections.

Reactions: AlexJ092

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I found a way to reset the Airpods2 after un-pairing/forgetting from my iPhone so that it starts fresh at the next pairing. After Forget Airpods from your device, hold the case button until the light flashes orange to reset it. Then pair it to your device, this is what helped my disconnections.
ThankYou I will give that a try now. I have preordered the new AirPods so hopefully they don’t have the same issue ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.