Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
I want to get AirPods and I want them paired with my Apple devices. I also want to use them with my work Lenovo laptop. Will I need to constantly switch pairing or will they pair with everything simultaneously? I know the pairing between Apple devices is automatic. And I know it's possible to pair with a PC. But can you get it to work seamlessly with both at the same time?

Would appreciate comments from someone who actually has AirPods and has tried this.

sktgater

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2016
I want to get AirPods and I want them paired with my Apple devices. I also want to use them with my work Lenovo laptop. Will I need to constantly switch pairing or will they pair with everything simultaneously? I know the pairing between Apple devices is automatic. And I know it's possible to pair with a PC. But can you get it to work seamlessly with both at the same time?

Would appreciate comments from someone who actually has AirPods and has tried this.

I have tried this with my MacBook pro (Late 2013 model with 10.12.2 OS X). It's not automatic pairing. Use it like other normal bluetooth devices. Connect via bluetooth setting -> connect to AirPods.

Switching between devices is the same. Choose AirPods from bluetooth device list on your desired device.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
on non apple devices you will just have to go through the process of going to the bluetooth setting.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
So it's really not any more convenient than using any other Bluetooth headphones with my iDevices and PC? I still need to manually switch pairing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.