Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlessandroV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2023
Hi everyone.
My AirPods Pro 2 USB-C case firmware keeps downgrading and upgrading on its own after the 6B34 release (updated on release day). When this happens, AirPods microphone stops working properly, for example: during a call people hear me very low, they literally don’t understand what I’m saying or don’t hear me at all. To fix this, I have to put both AirPods in the case, close it and bring them out again, doing this the case firmware returns to v. 61.3.0 and the AirPods microphone starts working again as it should.

Is it a known issue or someone is experiencing this?
How can I fix this?

I’m using them with an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 17.1.2

Immagine.jpeg

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008

AlessandroV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2023
try unpairing and resetting them

e in italiano, solo un'ipotesi dalle tue foto (grazie google traduttore)

Just did it.
Let’s see if it fixes the issue.
I’ll update this in a couple hours

Reactions: Eldaerenth Faexidor
Aug 30, 2022
Just did it.
Let’s see if it fixes the issue.
I’ll update this in a couple hours

In 6 hours, the issue seems to be fixed, the case is on v.61.3.0 and as of now didn’t downgraded anymore, AirPods mic works as expected.
Let’s see if this fix is permanent (hope so).
In 2 days I’ll be here again
Thanks for letting us know! Appreciate it! I’ll do the same and circle back to this topic as well.

Reactions: AlessandroV
Aug 30, 2022
In 6 hours, the issue seems to be fixed, the case is on v.61.3.0 and as of now didn’t downgraded anymore, AirPods mic works as expected.
Let’s see if this fix is permanent (hope so).
In 2 days I’ll be here again
I got the same positive results. No more downgrading. Also made a call and my interlocutor could hear me clearly.

AlessandroV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2023
I got the same positive results. No more downgrading. Also made a call and my interlocutor could hear me clearly.
Good to hear that!

I’m still monitoring, you just made my hopes for this fix to be permanent much higher.
Let me know your situation as well in the next hours/days.

Aug 30, 2022
Good to hear that!

I’m still monitoring, you just made my hopes for this fix to be permanent much higher.
Let me know your situation as well in the next hours/days.
Whoops, one case jumped back to 54.26.1. Bummer! Let’s see what my second pair of APP2 is going to do.

Aug 30, 2022
Let us know.

Mine actually is still on v.61.3.0, let’s see…
The case bounced back again to the latest firmware. So it appears to have solved the problem for both cases. It also appears to have boosted the bass imo, in both sets of APP2, however this could be very well be placebo effect. I really love my APP2’s, I rock them 18 hours a day, full throttle!

AlessandroV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2023
The case bounced back again to the latest firmware. So it appears to have solved the problem for both cases. It also appears to have boosted the bass imo, in both sets of APP2, however this could be very well be placebo effect. I really love my APP2’s, I rock them 18 hours a day, full throttle!
Let us know if the cases remain stable on v.61.3.0, mine seems fixed as well as of now.

I really love my APP2’s, I rock them 18 hours a day, full throttle!
Same, love them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.