Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulwalkerforever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2023
Recently got the USB-C APP2, and I'm finding that with ANC enabled, I hear an almost buzz-like echo of my voice intermittently while speaking on phone calls. It doesn't seem to happen if I just talk while the headphones are in, it's only while actively using the microphones for a conversation. I have 14pro with iOS 17.0.1. It also happens on my macs (MBP 2019 & MBP 2020).

Is there supposed to be any sort of "feedback" of your own voice on the USB-C APP2? Anyone else have any sort of auditory feedback of their own voice while talking on calls?

I did not have this issue with my APP1. So now I'm regretting my purchase. Would this be considered a defective pair?

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
I get something similar on my lightning APP2. I can sort of hear a static like echo of my own voice on a very slight delay. I have all noise control turned off. It's very annoying. I have no idea how to fix it.

paulwalkerforever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2023
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I saw another post on reddit that is experiencing the same issue on the APP 2 USB-C. I've played around with the settings and had no luck on removing it. I've scheduled an appt at my local apple store next week and see if it is an actual defect. I bought them 2 weeks ago and still have the 1 year limited warranty, so if it is a defect, I can hopefully get it replaced free of charge

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
Great. Keep us (me!) updated. I did read something that said the issue is the speaker/person hearing themselves through the microphone. Maybe positioning would help? I will play with positioning to see if it does anything.

paulwalkerforever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2023
Went to my local apple store and was able to swamp out for a new one. Unfortunately, I can still hear a faint echo of my voice. I think you might be right at this point. I was thinking that maybe the tips for APP2 are different sizing than APP1? Either way, it just might be a positioning thing since not many ppl are complaining about it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.