Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maclife80

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2019
Hey just wanted to ask if somebody here experiencing the same issue with their AirPods Pro.

If I use my AirPods pro as a mic for a phone call it is literally impossible. If I am outside and a little wind is blowing or a car is passing by the Mic is picking up the background noise and amplifies it x 100. The person that I am speaking to cannot hear me at all and is annoyed and hangs up because it is sooo freaking loud. I tried it myself and recorded a voice memo and it is disgusting loud.

I tried all kinds of settings. Using left mic, using right mic, auto. Using ANC, no anc. nothing is working.

So this week I went to the apple store and they exchanged my AirPods Pro for some brand new ones. And guess what exactly the same issue.

I found a discussion thread on apple

and it seems there are a lot of people with exactly the same issue. No fix yet from apple.

So just for interest. DO you guys also experiencing the same issue ? Sombody found a fix? Somebody successfully replaced them for new ones and they do work??

Lets exchange some information

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.