Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasec

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Unfortunately my GF put my Airpods Pro (in the case) in our washing machine yesterday. Apple was nice enough to give me a new set of the Airpods, but they did not replace the case. Is there potential to ruin the (new) Airpods by using them with a case that has been through the washer? I've only charged them once in the case, and they seem fine, but I'm worried about potential issues in the future.

Side-note - both noise cancelation and transparency are significantly better than my previous pair. It's probably because that pair was over 2 years old, but I'm almost glad she put them in the washing machine!

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
What ever happened with this? They are supposed to replace the case as well. Don't put new AirPods in a damaged case! Same exact thing happened to me, and the reason Apple hasn't replaced the case is because it's back ordered, with supply chain issues. I'm still waiting a month out. You need to call Apple and make sure they send you a case asap!

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I ran my AirPods Pro through the washer in April of 2020, shortly after I got them. Let them dry and have used them trouble-free ever since.

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
I mean I would have replaced them. Water damage can definitely alter the acoustics

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.