Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miniyou64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Water damage to AirPods Pro. Called Apple, very pleased with the help they send me a replacement in 2 days. But I only get the AirPods, not the charging case which is also damaged. 3 hours on the phone no one can figure out whats going on since the repair order says "Completed." Finally find out the case is back ordered due to supply chain issues but no one on the Apple Care team is made aware. Still waiting a month later. 7 hours on the phone to get this resolved and still not fixed. This is ridiculous. Apple should send a brand new pair of AirPods Pro. After paying for Apple Care+ and the repair fee, why do I as a customer have to take the loss because they can't manufacture cases? AirPods Pro cost $50 TOPS to manufacture. And right now, anyone can walk into a store and buy new AirPods from off the shelf.... they're in stick. Apple is just up to their shady games reminiscent of the early 2000s which I thought went away. I get that supply chain issues are unusual and unprecedented, but when a customer pays extra for premium service, they shouldn't take the loss when Apple can resolve the issue in other ways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.