Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rastapopoulos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
I just found out that when you are charging your AirPods Pro that you can knock on the surface it is on and it will light up the light on the charging case. That way you know if it's already fully charged (green light) or still charging (orange light).

I found out when I put my glass on the table and noticed the light on the case turning on. When I tried it again it did it every time. It's very sensitive by the way. How cool is that?! I used to have to open the case to check the colour of the light to know if it was fully charged.

I always charge it wireless and I'm on the latest firmware: 4E71; Maybe this is something that has changed recently or I just never noticed before...

I have not seen this before and didn't read about it anywhere, so I thought maybe nice for you guys to know as well.

zachz

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
So cool, thanks for the post!

I've been opening them up too to see the light, or checking my iPhone but this is so much easier

Reactions: Rastapopoulos

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Yeah the feature I remember reading about was a tap to check when wirelessly charging.

I can strike the kitchen bench top 2 metres away from the wireless charger & see the state of the charge.

This is only when wireless charging, not wired.

If you have AirPods Pro or AirPods (3rd generation), you can tap the case when it's on the charging mat to see whether your AirPods Pro or AirPods (3rd generation) are charging (amber light) or fully charged (green light).
- https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT207012

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Yeah it's a great feature. The Apple Watch does the same when on the charger. Knocking on the desk and it lights up. Good when using it as night stand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.