Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

graffitigirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Hi all, I just got my first pair of AirPods Pro (MWP22ZM/A) and am flummoxed for a number of reasons. The main one being that there is no difference between the "Transparency" and "Noise Cancellation" modes. Another being that the one person with whom I spoke to said my voice was muddy. And another being that I can't get them to connect to my MacBook Air for any longer than a second or so. This is all so disappointing!

So I' decided to start with trying to figure out what firmware version they are. But they just won't show up under: Settings>General>About. The list has, in this order: Carrier; Wi-Fi Address; Bluetooth; IMEI; ICCID; MEID; Modem Firmware; SEID. That's it :\ The pods are connected, I mean they show up when I take them out of the case. And I've plugged the case into a power outlet, placed it by the phone and left the lid open. I've restarted my phone. I have the latest update on both my phone and my laptop.

Ugh! Sigh! Any ideas??!!??

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Hi all, I just got my first pair of AirPods Pro (MWP22ZM/A) and am flummoxed for a number of reasons. The main one being that there is no difference between the "Transparency" and "Noise Cancellation" modes. Another being that the one person with whom I spoke to said my voice was muddy. And another being that I can't get them to connect to my MacBook Air for any longer than a second or so. This is all so disappointing!

So I' decided to start with trying to figure out what firmware version they are. But they just won't show up under: Settings>General>About. The list has, in this order: Carrier; Wi-Fi Address; Bluetooth; IMEI; ICCID; MEID; Modem Firmware; SEID. That's it :\ The pods are connected, I mean they show up when I take them out of the case. And I've plugged the case into a power outlet, placed it by the phone and left the lid open. I've restarted my phone. I have the latest update on both my phone and my laptop.

You seem to be in the right place for your AirPods info and they should appear at the very bottom of that list. However, to find them there, they need to be connected to the device and ON. If you start playing something through your AirPods or at least put them in your ear(s), they should pop up there. ✌

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
You seem to be in the right place for your AirPods info and they should appear at the very bottom of that list. However, to find them there, they need to be connected to the device and ON. If you start playing something through your AirPods or at least put them in your ear(s), they should pop up there. ✌
? They actually only need to be paired & have the lip flipped open to appear there.

Maybe try & forget the AirPods & re-discover them.

graffitigirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Thank you all! I'll try again right now . . . 1. Just "Forgot" the buds. 2. Force quit settings. 3.Flipped open lid and they popped up on the screen. I'm connecting . . . ugh. sigh. erngh. They are not there. :\ The list hasn't changed one iota. I guess I need to connect with apple. sigh.

Thank you all for your help!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Thank you all! I'll try again right now . . . 1. Just "Forgot" the buds. 2. Force quit settings. 3.Flipped open lid and they popped up on the screen. I'm connecting . . . ugh. sigh. erngh. They are not there. :\ The list hasn't changed one iota. I guess I need to connect with apple. sigh.

Thank you all for your help!
Have you tried connecting them to someone else’s iPhone? Try that if you can. If you get the same then it’s a problem with the AirPods. If it works then the issue is with your phone

graffitigirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Have you tried connecting them to someone else’s iPhone? Try that if you can. If you get the same then it’s a problem with the AirPods. If it works then the issue is with your phone
Of course! What a practical and obvious idea! Thank you. I'll do that and let you all know. Enjoy your days!

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
Mine need to be REALLY close to my phone for it to show. Like right next to each other.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
If you can’t tell the difference between ANC and Transparency mode, I wouldn’t fuss much more with these and get them exchanged. No matter what the firmware version, those two modes are night and day difference and immediately noticeable.

graffitigirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Thank you again, all! I did try them on another phone, to no avail. I'll work on Apple now. Best to you in these strange times!

Reactions: Ralfi

ipaddaro

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2014
i have the same issue.. tried to unpair e pair again, to open the case etc. etc... in "info" i can't see airpods pro, and therefore i can't check the last firmware installed.

did anybody solve this problem?

Xevikan

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2021

Go to settings, general, about , and in the regular about section for your iPhone , scroll down and the firmware should be there for your AirPods

Takerouw

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2019

I am afraid you bought the clone ones..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.