Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SinbadtheSailor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Hello All,

New airpods pro here, when the case lid is closed there is a tiny bit of play in the case lid where it just moves a bit on the hinge pin. Are they all like this before I see if mine need replaced. Cheers.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
They’re all like that. OG Airpods were the same.

It’s less than a mm though, so very tiny play.

Reactions: CVUSA

todundsteuern

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Never noticed it until I saw this thread. It seems to wobble just a tiny bit if I hold my APP case lid by the sides and shake it. Doesn't bother me though.

SinbadtheSailor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Many thanks, further research shows this is widespread to normal. Not ideal for a premium product. I'm currently deciding if I'm too high-strung or whether I will return.

BadgerRivFan

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2013
Same problem with mine.

I noticed after adding a silicone case to my APP’s that the “wobble” disappeared .

Reactions: CVUSA

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
My day 1s from late October have some wobble but the newer one I tried last month didn’t. If it really bothers you ask for a replacement.

IamHotDogCat

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2022
They’re all like that. OG Airpods were the same.

It’s less than a mm though, so very tiny play.
I dropped my AirPods, and the lid opened up, now the lid of the AirPods case is loose and it doesn't jump back up like a regular case does. The case still close but it doesn't have that recoil, it's just very loose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.