Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Anyone else having issues with their AirPods Pro or Max appearing in their families list of devices in the find my app…

For some reason both my AirPods Max and AirPods Pro (although they are connected to my iCloud account) seem to be appearing in my partners list of devices in the find my app, but with no location found, when I try to remove them it asks for my partners Apple ID password, I enter it click remove then it re-appears under their devices again.

I have tried resetting and re-pairing them to my iPhone again and the same thing keeps happening… any advice or is this just a bug, they work fine otherwise.

johnmed

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
uk
I had this issue and managed to delete the APPs from Find My, and factory reset them. The issue I still have is the case won’t show up using the Find Nearby function, I can make the earphones play a sound to locate but cannot locate them when in the case.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I had this issue and managed to delete the APPs from Find My, and factory reset them. The issue I still have is the case won’t show up using the Find Nearby function, I can make the earphones play a sound to locate but cannot locate them when in the case.
Yeah I finally managed to fix them… hopefully permanently by unpairing them, resetting and pairing them back up, they initially went back to showing in my partners list of devices but eventually they started appearing on my list again, probably a bug within find my, it’s strange as it never has happened with anything other than AirPods…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.