Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cliff_13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Hey Guys, whats up?
I bought my new airpods pro last thursday and i have some questions about the quality of Noise Cancelling. Is it normal to still listening wind, raindrops, other person voice, the background music at the gym academy when the ANC is activated? I've never expected that ANC from Airpod pro was completely perfect, but what i have now don't have so much difference between on and off. Can someone tell me about your own experience with Airpods Pro, so i can decide if i go to the Makt try to change for another one.

Thank you guys!

cliff_13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
totally sure ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 02.28.01.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-15 at 02.28.01.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 95

Heruhur

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2017
Oldebroek
When playing music, I can't hear anything but the loudest noises. When the airpods are quiet however I can hear all kinds of ambient noises, albeit very muffled.
In the end there's only so much ANC can do . . . . the body transmits sound as well (compare it to plugging your ears).

You shouldn't hear all kinds of ambient noise when music is playing.
It could be that the airpods do not fit 100%, did you try the fit test yet?
The microphones could be clogged (rattle-gate or similar complaints?).
If not you could have stumbled across a faulty set.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

m.x

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
Have you tried the fit test for the AirPods Pro to select the correct size tips that come with them?
That should do the trick, I had mine and was also a bit disappointed at first, but then I made the fit test and I always push them a little bit more into my ears so they fit better. The NC is noticeably better when they seal your ear perfectly.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

lala0314

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2021
tokyo
Recently produced ear buds are different from those produced a while ago in terms of ANC power, so yes, if you are not satisfied with it, I recommend you give up and return the product while you can. If still want to give it a try, while you try to return the first pair within 14 days of purchase, you could purchase another pair to give it a try, but my bet is you would feel the same about the product.

The decrease in power is pretty official. They let me sign on a document ( I use the word, “let”, because it was still amicable…) after I used Repair Program from back in 2019/20 and got the pairs exchanged a few times at Apple Store. The last one took place just last week.

The content of the memo sort of made me agree that whatever I got with ANC Power with this pair is what-it-is. (Therefore the implication is that I do not come to request to exchange it for the same issue. However of course I still get the 90day hardware policy which is in compliance with any exchanged products Apple give away.)

The fact is that so many complained back in 2019 and early 2020 that they hear crackling noises and high pitch sound during the use. Mine created high pitch noise when I push the pair further to my inner ears. This is just my guess…but so they had to weaken the ANC power to just get rid of it, because there probably was no other way to drastically improve.

Good luck with your decision!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.