Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which is the best in ANC?

• Total voters

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, with stock foam tips or 3rd party tips, which is better at noise cancelling? As I recall, some of you mentioned that AirPods Pro was very good at noise cancelling with the original firmware but after the upgrade, it is less good.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Just tried Beats Fit Pro. It cannot block out the noisy fan even it is set at medium level. It changed the sound of it and lowered the noise level, say by about a half only. Some said that the AirPods Pro is just a bit better or similar to the Beats Fit Pro. What else should I try?

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
I have BFP and (access to) APP (the wife’s) and the BFP I would say are slightly better at ANC but not enough to choose them over the APP if that not your primary reason for buying them.

Neither cut out all external sounds.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Is this for around the house or travel?

I've found the BFP and APP both a bit inferior on NC vs most all over ear options.

If needing to stick with "buds", the Bose QC buds are the best of class for NC

(I've owned and used all three of the BFP, APP and the Bose)

Reactions: hajime

UltraZ33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
I just switched to the BFP from the APP and I think the ANC is a lot better on the BFP. I was able to drown out the noisy crowd in the natural museum of history in DC.

DrCC

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2021
Canada
Jabra Elite 85t

Very good active NC and sound quality, it works with 2 devices simultaneously and can switch back and forth depending on the audio source (Mac and iPhone), the case supports USB-C + Wireless Charging.

Last edited:

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Is this for around the house or travel?

I've found the BFP and APP both a bit inferior on NC vs most all over ear options.

If needing to stick with "buds", the Bose QC buds are the best of class for NC

(I've owned and used all three of the BFP, APP and the Bose)

Mainly indoors but sometimes outdoors

GrumpyCoder

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2016
Hi, with stock foam tips or 3rd party tips, which is better at noise cancelling? As I recall, some of you mentioned that AirPods Pro was very good at noise cancelling with the original firmware but after the upgrade, it is less good.
If noise cancelling is your main concern, then you better go with over-ear headphones instead of in-ears.

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.