Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmac99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
Toronto, ON, CA
Hey guys
I just purchased the Airpods Pro, the incase woolinex case (sold by Apple, and advertised as compatible for wireless charging) and the Belkin 3-in-1 magsafe charger. It worked fine every time for a few days and as of today, the Airpods just randomly refuse to start charging on the Belkin's Qi wireless charging pad... The LED on the Belkin doesn't even turn on about 60% of the time I place them there. If I place a phone there, it charges every time so the charger couldn't be defective

I got all these items directly from the Apple online store. What could be going wrong?

Last edited:

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
The placement on the Belkin is very sensitive to position. You have to remember that the coil on the phone is much larger than the one on AirPods Pro, thus meaning a wider placement area.

I have had zero issues with mine, FWIW.

Reactions: pmac99

pmac99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
Toronto, ON, CA
The placement on the Belkin is very sensitive to position. You have to remember that the coil on the phone is much larger than the one on AirPods Pro, thus meaning a wider placement area.

I have had zero issues with mine, FWIW.
Yeah I understand that but I never had to give my placement a second thought. The first few days it worked 100% of the time. But since today, something's changed and it's not my routine or placement of the AirPods.. Besides, wasn't this particular Qi charging pad on the Belkin designed specifically for Airpods ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.