Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakja83

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I love my airpods pro. Up until now I have been able to make them sit in my ear when running, but lately they seem to slip gradually out of my ear more and more.

Do I need to get new tips for them (are the worn out/more slippery?)
It it possible to get custom tips that sit better in your ear than the originals?

Any experience or tips?

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Try pulling the top of your ear up and slightly backwards then push the AirPods in. This should give a better fit.

jakja83

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Try pulling the top of your ear up and slightly backwards then push the AirPods in. This should give a better fit.
Been doing it and at first it was great, but not anymore.

The tips kind of feel a bit more slippery also so they may be worn too much.

Airpods Pro are just amazing. Can't praise them enough for work, acitivity, movies and so on.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
order new tips from apple. I change mine every few months. Memory foam tips are higher maintenance because ear wax gets embedded in them. Silicone you can wash/wipe off

Reactions: lbmdk1 and jakja83

jakja83

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
order new tips from apple. I change mine every few months. Memory foam tips are higher maintenance because ear wax gets embedded in them. Silicone you can wash/wipe off
Comply-tips also cost a lot - around 1/4 of new airpods here.

doolar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2019
I noticed the same, but the problem is gone when I "change" (replaced my APP's three times and I got new tips every single time) to new tips. I keep my ear and tips super clean, it just seems that the silicone tips wear out quite quickly.

Htsi

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2020
I noticed the same, but the problem is gone when I "change" (replaced my APP's three times and I got new tips every single time) to new tips. I keep my ear and tips super clean, it just seems that the silicone tips wear out quite quickly.
Yep they are consumables, both the pods & tips

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
I love my airpods pro. Up until now I have been able to make them sit in my ear when running, but lately they seem to slip gradually out of my ear more and more.

Do I need to get new tips for them (are the worn out/more slippery?)
It it possible to get custom tips that sit better in your ear than the originals?

Any experience or tips?
These slip-on covers made AirPods Pro usable for me when exercise and jogging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.