Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy0568

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Work up this morning and my AirPods Pro wouldn’t connect to my MacBook Pro. Clicked “forget device” in Bluetooth settings…now for the life of me I can’t get them to reconnect and it’s driving me insane

They’re fully charged
Did a hardware reset on the AirPods Pro. They’re blinking white and in setup mode
Cleaned the AirPods themselves
Cleaned the AirPods case inside and out
Updated my iPhone and MacBook Pro
Reset network settings
Let the AirPods charge for an hour and tried everything again
Neither my iPhone or MacBook Pro will recognize the AirPods Pro at all

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
Work up this morning and my AirPods Pro wouldn’t connect to my MacBook Pro. Clicked “forget device” in Bluetooth settings…now for the life of me I can’t get them to reconnect and it’s driving me insane

They’re fully charged
Did a hardware reset on the AirPods Pro. They’re blinking white and in setup mode
Reset network settings
have you tried restarting the iPhone and laptop?

Hannaiq

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2022

They’re fully charged
Reset network settings
Check that your airpods are fully charged and have enough power.
On a Mac, enter Bluetooth preferences.Check again if Bluetooth is on.Before opening the cover, insert the two airpods into the charging box.
Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.In the Bluetooth settings box of the Mac, select airpods from the device and press the connect button.

If you can still hear the sound of MAC speakers, check whether airpods is selected as the output device in Bluetooth menu or volume control.

If it’s not working by doing all you can try by Reset Bluetooth

Press and hold the Bluetooth button to turn it off. Then, select toggle from the drop-down menu,Then, turn on Bluetooth later.

If not Restart both

turn off Mac and airpods and open the Mac and wait for it to load completely. After that, turn the airpods again.

Reset your airpods

In IOS, enter settings and click Bluetooth, then click the "I" symbol next to airpod and select "forget this device" from the drop-down menu.

Lift the lid and once the airpods inside the case, click the setting button. It takes about 15 seconds to complete.Then reconnect airpods

Also you can try with third party apps like Toothfairy to fix the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.