Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scotland007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Upgraded to the 15 PM. Went out this morning for a run and could not get my AirPods Pro to connect to my ultra, my wife is the same on her watch series 7. All firmware updated. When going into Bluetooth it can’t see the AirPods Pro. AirPods connect seamlessly to phone, iPad etc, just nothing for the watch.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Have you checked if Bluetooth is turned on, Do Not Disturb is off and airplane mode is off? Worse case is, you may have to unpair and pair the watch again.

scotland007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Have you checked if Bluetooth is turned on, Do Not Disturb is off and airplane mode is off? Worse case is, you may have to unpair and pair the watch again.
Thanks, yes have checked all those, looks like an unpair/pair may be in order, looks like every other troubleshooting option at this point is exhausted.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Before you do that just double check in the watch app (settings > general > Apple ID) that you are signed in correctly. My wife did a quick start phone to phone transfer when upgrading her phone and needed to sign in there before she could get Apple Pay to work on the Watch: if you used quick start then as the AirPods pairing is synced through iCloud it might be that you're not fully signed in so it's not working.

Reactions: Virgilinsanity

scotland007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Before you do that just double check in the watch app (settings > general > Apple ID) that you are signed in correctly. My wife did a quick start phone to phone transfer when upgrading her phone and needed to sign in there before she could get Apple Pay to work on the Watch: if you used quick start then as the AirPods pairing is synced through iCloud it might be that you're not fully signed in so it's not working.
You are awesome. Was on the chat with apple for an hour this morning and they couldn’t figure it out. They had planned a call for this PM, but you sorted it. Thank you!

Reactions: Virgilinsanity

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Great, glad it worked. I thought quick start was supposed to preserve most app logins when it did the transfer, but clearly some get missed. Probably makes sense from a security point of view though, but it would be good if they highlighted it in the process.

Reactions: scotland007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.