Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your AirPods case charge via PC?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No. Only wall charger.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Hello everyone! My AirPods came today and I am very excited to have unboxed them. Here are some pictures. So far I am impressed but the only thing that is troubling me is that the case will not charge via PC. Only charges through a wall charger which worries me. Please let me know if any of you are experiencing this too because they should not be like this in my opinion.

qZp1Y86.jpg

GkebWOw.jpg

vTdEbxH.jpg

k8GtTNO.jpg

PBdSR9e.jpg

ccspaHz.jpg

3Tp0TZm.jpg

:):apple:

Reactions: raqball

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Just An update the issue was to do with my drivers on my PC and not the AirPods. So if anyone is having issues with the case not charging restart your PC and update the drivers.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Awesome!

Mine are delayed according to the tracking #. Appears they were 'left behind'

How are you liking the sound? Fit? and lastly, any comparison to other BT headsets?

Reactions: MathersMahmood

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Awesome!

How are you liking the sound? Fit? and lastly, any comparison to other BT headsets?
I just got mine a few hours ago. First, the case is much smaller than it looks in every picture i've seen, which is a major pro for me as I thought it was going to be pretty bulky for sticking in your pocket. Pairing was dead simple, and swapping to my mac from my iPhone was one click. The sound is definitely better than wired earpods, much stronger low end, and it seems they do get louder which is nice. I'll compare them to my other headphones later. Fit for me is also solid, I had some issues with pulling out earpods when working out if I snagged the cable, but that is obviously not an issue here. I can shake my head around and they stay in, and they also stay in if I am laying down.

My only complaint is the lack of some kind of volume control or skip track gesture. The taking one out to pause works well and the double tap for siri also seems to work well, it seems like they could add a triple tap to skip on there, or maybe a tap and slide gesture to adjust volume.

That plus I wish they came in black...

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Black would have been nice as I'd prefer that over the white as well..

Can you double tap and tell Siri to skip, rewind, repeat ect?

Reactions: MathersMahmood

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Awesome!

I love them so far. Had an issue with charging but that ended up being a driver issue that was fixed. They are tiny. Literally they look hug in photos as compared to in person. Really nice and portable and earpods fit great in my ears so these are fantastic. Sound is good too nice bass and can get really loud.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Black would have been nice as I'd prefer that over the white as well..

Can you double tap and tell Siri to skip, rewind, repeat ect?
Yep, you can pretty much ask siri anything that you would ask on your phone right now. Also, Siri will get directed to whatever device you are using the airpods with, so if you swap to a macbook, the siri reply will show up there on screen (Along with the audio reply in the airpods.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.