Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Hi everyone,

I used to own the Airpods 2nd Gen. Here is my quick review of both (non-bias):

Airpods 2nd Gen
+ Light
+ Quick to charge
+ Open and clear sound quality
+ No silicon buds

- Sound just like the Earpods
- No deep bass
- Switching devices not as quick as something like the Bose SoundSport Free (press a button to switch paired devices)

Airpod Pro
+ Light
+ Superb noise cancellation
+ No noise cancellation pressure unlike Bose headphones
+ Finally some Bass (not as Deep as Amazon Echo Buds for example, but far better than the Airpods)
+ Decent battery
+ Open sound with good midrange
+ Easy to remove silicon buds

- Expensive
- Tricky to remove from case
- Switching devices not as quick as something like the Bose SoundSport Free (press a button to switch paired devices)

Reactions: asfalloth

Kyle76

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2017
North Carolina
Switching Apple devices is about to become seamless if you believe company hype. Simply start audio on a new device to which you have been paired already, and your Airpods will begin to play.

Reactions: trevpimp

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Can anyone comment on difference between Beats Pro vs AirPods Pro? I'm on the fence of which I would prefer
One has no noise cancellation, bloated base and a huge charging case.

The other has noise cancellation, neutral sound and a small case.

See rtings.com to compare them both.

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I'll add on for the Airpods Pros, the Transparency Mode is probably the best I've experience so far.

Every other buds I've tried with transparency (goes by a differ name depending on manufacturer) sounds very artificial and is something you have to get used to.

On the AirPods Pro, it sounds very natural and you don't give it a second thought.

alexsa

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2020
- Expensive
- Tricky to remove from case

There is a trick to remove them from case. Instead of trying to lift them just use your finger and pull each of the buds forward from the back, the case is built in a way that they pop out when you do that.

Reactions: sargein

Vdovin

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2019
There is a trick to remove them from case. Instead of trying to lift them just use your finger and pull each of the buds forward from the back, the case is built in a way that they pop out when you do that.

Thank you for that you just made my life 10 times easier lol. Neat trick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.