Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I reset them and then try to repair and it keeps saying connection failed.

Should I bring the phone in to get checked out? All my non apple stuff connect via bluetooth just fine,

Even the watch 5 connects fine but the airpod and airpod pros don't connect.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I just fixed mine but I had to reset a couple times...

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
Don’t stand for this. Use the AppleCare you smartly bought because it was so cheap (you bought it, right? you bought it for a first-gen Apple product right? Oh bless your “frugal” self if you didn’t) and get your Max replaced, like I did, for this very annoying and dealbreaking issue.

They gave me a brand new pair, and the issue is gone. Still can’t ****ing update to the newest firmware though.

The culprit? I believe it was my Airfly Pro Bluetooth dongle that I kept trying to use with my Pros and Max. Both of them eventually had to be replaced and I swear it’s due to the Bluetooth dongle.

Reactions: cuzo

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I'm going to do that, let me see if my applecare is still active.

julesme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2016
San Jose
Has anyone else had this issue? My brand new Airpods Pro won't connect, won't show amber light when trying to reset, etc.

I'm going through the steps to troubleshoot (via Apple support page), but nothing is helping. None of my devices can even recognize them as available to connect.

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
Yes I’ve had that issue. I had applecare+ on them so I simply asked for a replacement and apple made it happen, and I shipped back my busted ones.

julesme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2016
San Jose
Follow up: I exchanged them for new ones, which work great. I guess it was just a defective unit.

That was also the first time I've purchased an Apple product that was defective right out of the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.