Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac4lifeOG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
I just purchased Apple AirPort Express Base Station with 802.11n and AirTunes. I have a comcast cable modem. I took the ethernet cable from my mac pro and plugged it into the airport express. I then tried to install the airport utility cd, but it says its incompatible with my version of leopard. Is there a way to bypass this without using the disc. All im trying to do is setup a wireless network and I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
I just purchased Apple AirPort Express Base Station with 802.11n and AirTunes. I have a comcast cable modem. I took the ethernet cable from my mac pro and plugged it into the airport express. I then tried to install the airport utility cd, but it says its incompatible with my version of leopard. Is there a way to bypass this without using the disc. All im trying to do is setup a wireless network and I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

I think you just plug in it to the wall and plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the Express. Then on your Mac, open Airport Utility in the Utilites folder and follow the instructions.

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
I think you just plug in it to the wall and plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the Express. Then on your Mac, open Airport Utility in the Utilites folder and follow the instructions.

Yep. Chances are Leopard has the latest Airort Utility.
MacHD>Applications>Utilities>AirPort Utility

or spotlight airport utility

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.