Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
I have an older generation Airport Express (it's the one before the current gen). It was working completely fine until one day I couldn't connect my phone to it. I have a nexus 4. I reset my phone, upgraded to Android 5.0, but still nothing. It says connecting for a while and then it says network avoided due to poor connection. I reset the Airport Express multiple times, but it still didn't work.

I can connect my iPod touch and my Mac, and they work fine. I tried connecting my Amazon fire stick TV (Also running android), but that didn't connect either. I tried changing security settings, password, network name, etc.

One time when I was setting up my Airport again, my phone connected to it (It was broadcasting as Apple Airport Express and the light was solid amber, so it wasn't set up) and was working fine (my Mac could also access internet during that stage). As soon as I gave it a network name and Airport name, it stopped connecting again. It's such a weird issue, and I can't find any solution online.

TLDR: Airport express won't let me connect any android devices to it after I set it up. Apple devices work fine.
Does anyone else have any other ideas I can look into?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
UPDATE: I switched from Bridge mode to DHCP and NAT, and my devices can connect now. However, the light is blinking amber, and Airport Utility gives me an error (screenshot attached).

any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 5.36.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 5.36.26 PM.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 1,063

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
Hit ignore for right now. Is there a router upstream?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for. Are you asking that can I upload any data?

Btw, Everything seems to be working fine for now, but I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking for. Are you asking that can I upload any data?

Btw, Everything seems to be working fine for now, but I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Is there another router connected before the AirPort? Perhaps the modem is a router combined into one unit.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
Is there another router connected before the AirPort? Perhaps the modem is a router combined into one unit.

Maybe, but I don't think there is. I live on university campus and all the ethernet ports in my house are connected to one modem which I can't see or access.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.