Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
My powerbook was in an unfortunate accident with some unknown liquid in september. I got it up and running again by just removing the airport extreme card the other day. I can't believe it was that simple. Keyboard is fried, only a few buttons work. So I ordered a new one.

I'm not sure whether its the actual airport card thats fried, or the connector. The connector piece that connects it to the logic board had the majority of the corrosion on it. The airport card looks ok, I'll be checking it in a friend's iBook soon. I've been looking for connectors online, but haven't been able to find them. Anyone know of where they can be found? I checked Apple's site, pbfixit, and powerbookmedic(where I ordered the keyboard from).

This is a 1.5 G4 Aluminum Powerbook btw. Rev D I believe (new in May 05)

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
There could possibly be a short in your Airport card... i would be careful testing it on someone else's computer, unless you want to buy them a new one.

xFU3Lx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2005
crazzyeddie said:
There could possibly be a short in your Airport card... i would be careful testing it on someone else's computer, unless you want to buy them a new one.
Thanks for the heads up. Would you know of a way to tell then? I put it back in my computer earlier after cleaning it and the connector, and it turned on the same way it did before with the damage. The fans turned on full blast, and it didnt boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.